Monday 18 May 2009

Jukebox Replica Computer Case Revisited.

I have finally come back to the old design I had in mind of building a media computer system in a custom case that looked like an old fashioned jukebox. I pulled out the old plans and reworked a few numbers here and there to see what needed improvement. I also picked up most of the lumber I needed to start building the unit.

I am taking on this project as a separate thing completely. RC Wood is actually not connected to this as a partnership project. However, if this winds up being a successful product, RC Wood may adopt the design for future duplication if there is any sort of demand for it. This is something I intend to pick away at all through the summer months when I am not busy building other projects.

I will most definitely post photos of my progress as I go along. I have no photos as of yet because I spent today mostly building some 'awesome' new sawhorses out of 2 by 4's (and I mean awesome).

Here is a picture of the cabinet I plan to design from. It's a Gabel and I really like the look of it.

http://www.jukebox-world.de/Forum/Archiv/Gabel/Gabel-Aristocrat.htm

No comments: