Sunday 20 April 2008

NO MORE SNOW!

WINTER STORM WARNING ISSUED For Edmonton City BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA
BULLETIN ISSUED AT: 11:10 AM MDT SUNDAY 20 APRIL 2008
HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW DEVELOPING OVERNIGHT INTO MONDAY. THIS IS A WARNING THAT DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS...LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

Copyright © 2008 Environment Canada

So, whoopee! More snow is on the way. Last week we hit a whopping 24 celcius and then it dropped back down to -10 celcius by Friday. And it's been snowing ever since. In the last 24 hours, we have probably received about 10 centimeters and now we are expecting another 30 or 40 centimeters overnight. The snow is actually not expected to let up entirely until Tuesday and the temperature is not expected to get above zero until Thursday.

But enough about the weather even though it directly affects construction on my family room. I did manage to fix the wiring, electrical and insulation problems in that room and now I am back to the fireplace project and stereo cabinet. Chris and I got most of the new drywall face up on the fireplace on Saturday and I have been mudding the project most of today (although I ran out of mud and have no desire to venture out in the blizzard to buy more). The good news is that I still have plenty of other work down there to keep me busy. At least I bought new supplies before the weather turned ugly. Chris and I will start to tackle the cosmetic aspects of the fireplace face this week and the room may be ready for painting by Wednesday or Thursday if I'm lucky.

No comments: