Wednesday 6 February 2008

Location, Location, Location

Starting a business is definitely a daunting task. Coming up with an idea of what service you want to offer can suck if you have no place to call home yet. In this case, a workshop. I have a garage that is more than big enough to accomodate all of our needs. But, the temperatures this winter have been more than annoying with lows reaching -40c with windchill. The problem is, the garage isn't insulated or heated.

The good part is, Chris has a heated garage that's just big enough to cut out the playhouses, but not really to assemble them or paint them. So, right now, painting and final assembly is done in my basement where I can keep paint fumes from annoying my wife and kids. And Chris and I live about 40 minutes from each other. The part that sucks is that we can not always both work on our projects together as it costs too much in gas to always drive back and forth. The only thing my two car garage is good for is safely storing the playhouse units when they are finished.

Spring can't come soon enough.

No comments: